View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 06:24 AM   #6
(female)

Foxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB User
Re: lightheadedness, weak and anxious

An SSRI (selective seratonin reuptake inhibitor) is an antidepressant/anti-anxiety medication. They help to correct a chemical imbalance in the brain that controls depression and anxiety. There are many of them, including Zoloft, Paxil, Celexa, Lexapro, etc. They are VERY helpful with these types of conditions. Like I stated before, I have recently started Zoloft again. I have been on it, off and on, for about 10 years now, and it works great for me. It takes the anxiety and panic away. They are a drug that you have to start slowly at a low dose, and work your way up to the recommended dosage, and for some, it increases the anxiety a bit for a few weeks until it starts working. But the benefits greatly outway the side effects of first starting it. It's like this.... "i'm going to feel a little more crappy for a few weeks, but after that i'm going to feel great and be back to my old self again." It's well worth the trade for me and alot of other users. Maybe this is something you should look into. I, myself, do not like taking pills if I don't absolutely have to, but I will take these to get rid of "the demon", as I like to call it. If this is the road you choose, make sure to ask your doctor for some xanax to help you along with the initial side effects. I wish you well, and God Bless! Fox

The Following User Says Thank You to Foxxii For This Useful Post:
Dorr1909 (10-14-2011)