View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 08:01 AM   #1
(male)

pittspenguin HB User
Can sinus problems make your face tingle.

Hi to make a long story short, I suffer from anxiety that was brought to a peak by a panic attack I had while weaning onto an antidepressant. I take xanax .5 3x's a day. I also suffer from GERD, which caused me to feel short of breath when I would get gassy in my chest. Im giving you this background so you can see the problems ive been having. I was a nasal spray addict up until May of this year, constantly using it several times a day, I finally quit after it started shooting my BP and heart rate up and with the anxiety from the panic attack I thought I was having a heart attack or stroke. Ive had 3 different complete blood tests from two different drs. Ive had a nuclear stress test, EKG and echocardiogram done and everything was clear and normal. My bp is a little high, it usually is around 140/80. When I went to visit my new dr it was 150/102 but id been up all night with a broken wisdom tooth which was killing me. He gave me a prescription for bp pill but i dont know about taking it. Anyways after I quit the nasal spray I started using a neilmed sinuflo bottle and now use the hypertonic nasal mist to keep my passages clear because one or both of my nostrils is constantly swollen inside. For about two months ive had this weird tingling sensation that has started showing up. It usually starts near one nostril, goes out under my eye and up and around out towards my ear. Also my ears will get stuffy for a bit until I yawn. I also have some slight dizziness from time to time as well as a feeling like I have a film over my eye which when i blink it goes away. Kinda like a blurriness, but that may be from the xanax. Sometimes the tingling leaves my upper cheeks feeling very slightly sore afterwards. And sometimes it gets behind both eyes and then my nose will tingle. I know this is a symptom of anxiety, but the xanax doesnt take it away it just makes me not care about it. lol. I also get like a warm, tingle sensation on my scalp sometimes too. And very slight sinus feeling headaches. My jaw also feels a little tired but that may be from an addiction I have to menthol cough drops, it seems like im always sucking on one. Anyways Im going to see my dr tomorrow to make sure its not something like TIA or heart problems, because it just shoots my anxiety through the roof when it happens. Does anyone else experience this with their sinus problems? Thanks.