View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
(female)

collegegirl007 HB User
Shortness of breath with Period

I am not sure if this is the right place to put this, but seeing as how there is no section for "menstrual issues" this is the next best place to put this that I could see since menstrual periods are a type of hormonal thing.

I have been having issues with shortness of breath for a while now and have recently noticed that when I start my period and for the entire week (sometimes a little more) after it stops, I feel a shortness of breath that comes on. I feel short of breath most days anyway, but it gets bad the week of my period and gets worse when my period is over for about a week or so. It gets so bad for at least a day or two when my period is over, that I can't get out of bed. It is all I can do just to go to the bathroom. I can barely even talk because I feel so short of breath. Then, it starts slowly clearing up after that week is over. I have already been tested for anemia, and I have been cleared of that. My levels were fine. However, what I am now wondering is if it's possible that I could be experiencing anemia or low iron during my period, leaving my body so drained that by the time it's over, it's left with very little iron and must recover. Which would explain why I feel so out of breath and worn out after my period.

Anything anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated. Again, if I'm in the wrong area, please let me know and I'll move this post to the appropriate spot.