View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #103
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: Time to quit pain meds but how to deal with pain without

Hi Friend

Wasn't expecting to deal with depression.

The depression is an absolutely an expected part of the aftermath. Lousy, but normal in the whole process. It absolutely will pass in a number of weeks.. I don't know for sure as we are all different... but I would venture to say between 8-10 weeks.

Ironically, although working hard has created pain for you, it is also the very best thing you can do to speed up the process a lot in dealing with the depression. The brain needs as much help as it can get to rev its motor to start producing enough of the feel good chemicals again. There natural production was reduced drastically when we started fueling up with the drugs. Physical activity really gets the motor running again.

As my ordeal is over as far as withdrawal, I know this is easier for me to say than for you to believe: Considering you were 8 years on the drugs, it is reasonable to assume it will take a bit of time to feel all better. Kind of like if we overate for 8 years and gained 50 lbs... it would be reasonable to expect it to take some time to lose the weight when we decide to diet ( now that analogy is near and dear to My heart. chuckles).

Try to be patient in knowing that this depression is going to leave before too much longer. just keep on keepin' on... you have been doing everything right so far!

Hang in and hang tough
reach