View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 09:04 PM   #1
(female)

alexisc HB User
Labrythitis, Menieres, BPPV?

Hey everyone,

I'm just looking for some insight into symptoms I have been having and wondering if others have experienced the same.

About 4 weeks ago out of nowhere I experienced:
-Dizziness (but not true vertigo)
-Disassociation
-Headache
-Brain fog, speech problems
-Anxiety attacks, rapid heartbeat
-Nausea
-Neck stiffness
-Balance issues.

I went to the hospital twice without them finding a reason but later visited my doctor who told me I most likely had BPPV. However after a few days of these symptoms they went away but I started experiencing:
-Pain in both ears (so bad it brought me to tears)
-Pressure in both ears
-Vomiting and diarrhea
-and after these symptoms the feeling of water in both ears.

After a week these symptoms went away and after regaining my balance I felt fine. Now four weeks later I was listening to loud music in my headphones the other day (so stupid I know, never again!) and my symptoms have returned. First all of the dizziness, anxiety and disassociation (although less than last time) and now moving on to the pain and pressure and feeling of fluid in both ears. I am not sick this time either.

I'm just wondering if this was labyrinths that was healing and I've disturbed it with my loud music, if it is BPPV (although both of these say they only occur in one ear?) or Meniers disease? I am also female and both of these attacks have happened when it is that time of the month. Caffeine definitely makes the symptoms worse.

I would be really grateful if anyone could tell me if they have experienced similar symptoms and what they believe could be going on! Thank you so much, I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this. My doctor says it will not happen again but I don't think he knows what is going on either.

Alexis

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: alexisc
bindar (12-21-2011), lovineachday (10-22-2011)