View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 08:10 PM   #11
(female)

alexisc HB User
Re: Labrythitis, Menieres, BPPV?

I read the survival guide and it was really informative. Are you the Scott that wrote it? If so THANK YOU so much for your time and dedication to helping others. I've been doing a lot of research into MAV and am glad it is at least treatable with effort and time. I am most sad about not being able to drink coffee or anything with caffeine but it's a small price to pay to not have pain, dizziness and anxiety about it all.

The one thing I read that concerns me is to not take any painkillers especially opiates. I understand the concept of a re-bound headache, but what about for extreme (I mean SO PAINFUL) ear pain? At times during this whole ordeal I have felt like my ears were going to explode. Not that what I was taking was really helping (it was OTC Tylenol), but is there anything that will? I will talk to my neurologist about this when I get my appointment but does anyone know what I can take to combat this? Prescription or OTC? Throughout the past month I have been taking a lot of Tylenol (not good for the stomach either especially when not being able to eat much) but have stopped now that I read this.

Thank you for everyone's help through all of this. It's definitely a challenging thing to have to deal with but I'm really trying to stay positive. I am not good when it comes to being sick or dealing with medical things and tend to get really emotional and assume the worst. I think my Mom and boyfriend are ready to kill me but I just try to remember it could always be worse. My thoughts go out to everyone dealing with any vestibular ailment, hope you are having a day where you are feeling better.