View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 08:38 AM   #1
(female)

bvv HB User
Dizziness not going away

Hi. I had stapedotomy on Oct 5th, week 3+ and I am still dizzy. I was very dizzy after surgery and required hospitalization for 2 additional days and came home on day 4. Hearing seemed improved (right ear, max. conductive hearing loss, I was told) when I got home. Everything sounded loud and was able to hear useless things like a/c, fridge running. Dizziness persisted,antivert was making me drowsy. So stopped it after 5 days. Was home 2 weeks, started driving a little after 2 weeks, still dizzy and nauseous most of the time, met doctor 2 weeks after surgery, she removed packing and now my hearing is not any better. I test switching phones from one ear to another and it is not different from pre-surgery days. Is it possible my prosthesis is out and how does one find out and what about persisting dizziness? My doctor prescribed xanax, 3 times a day and I take at least 2 or 3 a day and I am worried I'll get addicted to it. Also it helps only for a short duration, don't know if it's because it makes me slightly drowsy. She gave me to go back to work from week 3, so today is 3rd day at my work and boy, it's been rough! What should I do? My hearing test and post-op followup with doctor is scheduled for nov 16th.