View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #12
(male)

Kidneymass HB User
Red face Re: I have a 13 cm mass

Here I am 1 week post op. Still have pain but it has gotten much better. I can get up and down by myself, it still hurts some, but I can do it. The last couple of nights have been rough, no appetite,cold sweats, and nausea. I threw up last night and the night befor, that is very painful.

I am going back Monday to have the drainage bag removed and the 48 staples running down my chest and stomach. The dr. Called last night with the pathology report. The surgical margins are negative, so they got the whole thing out clean. He said the tumor was the size of a football, I wish he had taken a picture. He took out 24 lymph nodes and 2 of th were positive for cancer, so that's not so good. I'm really not to sure what that means but I guess I will find out more on Monday. Also my cancer is translocation renal cell carcinoma. Renal cell carcinoma is the most common, but it's the translocation part that makes it rare. Less that 1% of adult kidney cancers are this kind and it is a newer subclass of cancer and lite is known about it. I know it is much more common in children than adults. I dont know what this means to my future, but I will face it one step at a time. God bless you all!