View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 05:03 PM   #3
(female)

BA2905 HB User
Re: Post Nissen Fundoplication Issues

Hi There,

I understand not wanting to ramble on, it gets old quick. But, I am glad that you shared your story.

I am still in the same boat as July. I have consulted with my doctor more, he did another test to confirm that there is no acid in the esophagus, but I still have the chest pain and discomfort. Every morning I feel like there is an elephant sitting on my chest! It is hard to get going in the morning with this feeling.

During my last conversation with the doctor, he assured me that I am not alone, but... he does not know how to treat the pain. So, thank you again for responding, because now I know that I am not alone.

I can hear the frustration in your words, and my heart goes out to you. I know just how frustrating it is to know that something is wrong but all the diagnostic tests come back "normal." There have been days that I am just fed up with it all, but there is not a whole lot I can do.

I am not familiar with "water brash," but it sounds terrible. However, you said something that resonated with me- that it tastes bad and smells bad. I have had this since surgery as well. I talked with my last doctor about it and he looked at me like I was nuts! I never had this taste or smell prior to surgery. I have become a compulsive gum chewer during the day and use a strong mouth wash at night and upon rising.

My scopes show that I do not need a stretch. So, I have not had that done. But often feel like food is stuck in my esophagus. I do not drink carbonation because I cannot burp, so I know that the wrap is tight. But the doctor is not concerned about this.

As I mentioned in my last post, I also struggle with the constipation and diarrhea issue. The one thing that is working for me, actually balancing the problem, is using Miralax daily. The GI doc recommended this late in the summer. I have followed through and it makes a big difference!

I know that I was not much help, but it was good to talk with you. Please let me know what the new chiropractor says about the Vagus nerve, I may mention it to my chiro as well.

I wish you better health and less frustration in the near future. Please keep in touch with updates.

Last edited by hb-mod; 10-29-2011 at 11:53 PM.