View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
(female)

ThyroidProblems HB User
Exclamation Tell me your thyroid cancer story... please

Hi everyone! Im a 24 yr old woman and Ive had thyroid problems for over 10 years. I had an ultrasond done 10 years ago and theres was nodules and goiter. They said it wasnt cancerous. Since then I had 2 babies, and they had to change my synthroid many times, before, during and after pregnancies.

My youngest will be 1 in 2 weeks and I feel like Im dying. My neck is swollen I feel something in there.. Its hard to describe. When I swollow food it feels like it gets stuck in my throat. I had another ultrason done 1 month ago and same story... They said I had a goiter and nodules. But it said on the report that he URGED a iodine scan.. But my endo said I cant do this because Id have to stop synthroid for 1 month.

So how will they know if I have cancer or not? Back in July I had blood work done and my TSH-T3-T4 were OK and I had very high antibodies. But since my neck was swollen they increase my synthroid from 150 mcg to 200 mcg. In my last blood work 2 weeks ago my TSH was too low - T3-T4 were OK and my antibodies were up to 5000! So Im back to 150 mcg. I feel like Im dying.. Im exausted, my voice changes, I cant stay awake all day i HAVE to sleep during the afternoon.. I cant keep up with the 2 kids...

How did you find out you had cancer? Why was I feeling that bad back in July if all my bloodwork were OK but the antibodies..? What do you think?

The following user gives a hug of support to ThyroidProblems:
krissydoll (11-12-2011)