View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Boxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB UserBoxerluver HB User
Re: Duragesic * Janssen... Please help!

Hi Stargazer,

I have been on the Duragesic for awhile now. In fact I was started on it before generics were available for it. All the brands I have tried are Duragesic, Sandoz, Mylan, Actavia. I like the Duragesic the best especially since they no longer have the gel pack. I hated than. This way they stick better.

I'm sorry you are having nausea with them. It may go away as you get used to them. If not just keep trying one until you find which works for you. I hated Actavis, for some reason it made me nauseous too. Sandoz was fine except it had the gel, and I like the size and matrix with Mylan, but found they seemed not to work as well as the others. I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that generics are allowed to differ by 20% with the main drug. Then fillers and glue and things like can vary.

If the patch overall works for good pain control, keep trying you'll find the one that works best for you. I know alot of people gave up using the gel patch because the glue made them breakout in sores. I did and my doc prescribed a nasal allergy spray and before I put my patch on I would spray the area let it dry, and put the patch on. No problems.

Good luck!