View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 06:05 PM   #1
(female)

sanandreas HB Usersanandreas HB User
Seems to be a fine line between OCD and anxiety

The more I read, the more I become aware of the fact that my anxiety issues may also have roots in OCD.

I guess I always thought of OCD as being something like compulsive hand washing .... But see it can also be thoughts you cannot stop thinking.

For me, I can't get off negative thoughs (about a variety of things) My health for one, my finances, some minor things like songs I just can't get out of my head (I am bad with this, 1st thing when I wake up and if an earworm has got me, I will immediately be having that song in my mind)

So - my question - is a continuous focus on something (be it my health, a song, or whatever) is that OCD? I wake up in the morning and my mind immediately jumps to whatever issue was bothering me when I was finally able to fall asleep.

Also - I can't ever shut my mind up. It is a busy little thing - always thinking, talking to me, throwing out what if's....

I have been diagnosed with anxiety, never with OCD - but I haven't been to a therapist for a long time as I frankly just can't afford it.

THANK YOU