View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 02:44 PM   #7
(female)

stepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB User
Re: my review, if it helps others

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies14 View Post
I don't know if this is true or not but they say if you have a CDR and SS terminates your SSDI benefit after review, you can appeal their decision and continue your benefits uninterrupted. Now, here is the caveat. If you win your appeal, all is ok and you simply continue to receive monthly benefits. If you lose your appeal, you have to pay the money back which you might have already spent and can't really pay back. I hope no one ever ends up in a situation like this.
Hi BlueSkies that is correct, If in a review they terminate your benefits, you can appeal and continue your benefits. Like you said if you lose your appeal you will have to pay all monies back. Its half comfortable, half a nightmare. I have never heard of anyone going through this, which is comforting, i think it is unusual, once you have been approved for SSDI. would like to hear anyone on here that has.