View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 08:38 PM   #12
(female)

kittyluvr400 HB Userkittyluvr400 HB Userkittyluvr400 HB Userkittyluvr400 HB User
Re: my review, if it helps others

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepmum54 View Post
Hi Kittyluvr400 Just a question if you don't mind; What health issues were you awarded on Social Security? They only gave you a year for your first review, im glad you will not have another one till 2014.I just recieved my first review, short form, i hope thats all i have to worry about, it is so stressful. Oh and also how long did it take for you to get a reply from your review? Sorry for all the questions, but I know reviews are always on all of our minds on this board, Thank You,
BTW, I did get a short form review to fill out first. Then the long 16 pager followed shortly after with my appt for the IME doc. I said I was approved in May 2010, but I made a mistake on that, as I was approved in March 2010...then the review forms started coming in by August already. I am figuring (?) maybe since I got the 'on the record' approval, having never been seen at a hearing, maybe that is why they came after me so quickly. The country is broke and it is going to be harder to get approved and harder to keep your approval when reviews are up...at least that is what I read/heard somewhere. Due to lack of work, people are applying left and right...figure it is worth a shot, while they are out of work. So there may be a little more difficulty through the process than there was a few yrs ago. JMOSorry for that downer of an opinion. Scary, but true.

Just make sure you still keep seeing your doc regularly and whatever you do....this will sound crazy to some.....but try to get narcotics. Nobody will hire you if a drug test shows narcotic use. Drugs help your case. Even if you don't take them....see if your doc will give them to you and let the doc think you are taking them. I go on and off them regularly, due to their causing your pain to worsen over time.