View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 02:45 PM   #7
(female)

Sleepwalk HB User
Re: Post Nissen Fundoplication Issues

I gave in today and realized I have to get back on an antidepressant. I stopped it last spring just before we sold our big home and bought a smaller one and I had my surgery. It was a very hectic time followed by the surgery and the unpleasant recovery and I've just kept going downhill.

I think everyone has a little depression now and then but dealing with my GERD for so long really wore on my body and my brain and I think they've both been paying for it the hard way. So, I called my doc and he agreed.

I have no idea if it will help any of the post-op problems but I bet I can tell you in a couple or three weeks. I just started today and if it does nothing but help me get my appetite back I'll be grateful.

My computer has had some problems and my Facebook wall has been down and it's raining and cloudy here today and I didn't sleep again last night. I hope I can sleep tonight but being new on the AD I'm not sure how it will go.

I'm going to continue with the med however because in spite of all my post-op complaints most of them fit the profile for depression as well.

I hope you're having a good week.