View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
(female)

Dixzeland HB User
Re: Severe Osteoporosis at 29?

Hi, I am sorry you have been going through all of this! I myself was seeing a Endocrinologist for severe Osteoporosis. I even tried taking rx medications that didn't help and then went to self injections. After a year of injections, I had another bone density test. It was worse than the first one. My doctor just couldn't figure out why the bone loss. I was 45 at the time and now I'm 49. I became so very ill with weakness, high bp/heart rate, fatigue ect. At this point 18 months had passed with these horrible symtoms and no one could figure out why. I decided to change Endocrinologist. He review my records from my previous Endocrinologist and discovered that I had Hyperparathyroid disease and because of the lab department that had been used it read that the results were in "normal" range which wasn't the case. So to make a long story short, I had 3 1/2 overactive glands removed in Sept. of this year. There weren't any tumors just overactive glands. I was told that my Osteoporosis would get much much better on its own and that no other treatment would be necessary unless I wanted to take over the counter calcium on my own. So for you, I would seek a reputable Endocrinologist and a very experienced Surgeon! My parathyroid labs were always in the 80's like yours and my calcium was always in the 10-10.4 range. Good luck to you and don't give up!!!