View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
(female)

nicolead HB User
Question Sticky Hair in Women

Hello,

I have been getting this sticky hair problem for about 5 months now. It started in July and came on literally overnight. I washed my hair and when I got out of the shower thought I had forgot to rinse the conditioner out. The problem just got worse and worse, it is kind of greasy but way more sticky, if I touch the top of my head I have to wash my hands because they too will be sticky. I know this is not from shampoo or condition, please don't suggest I change these. I have tried everything...literally and the only thing that makes my hair look 'OK' is dry shampoo....because it soaks up the stickiness. I think it may be hormonal as it comes and goes in monthly cycles. Every time it goes away I am so happy but it always comes back. It is on the crown of my head, I have read hundreds of forums with thousands of women describing the exact same problem. I haven't read any complaints from men either which leads me to believe it has something to do with our hormones.

Does anyone know what this is or could be, I have asked my doctor and he thinks I'm crazy. I don't want to know how to clean my hair, I can do this with dry shampoo, I want to know what this is, if it is some sort of a medical problem so I can treat it properly and get rid of it once and for all.