View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Magnesium for migraines

It didn't work for me, but I still recommend giving it a try! I know people who did find some relief and one who even completely got rid of their migraines. Usually it's 400-500 mg to take each day. I took 400 mg per day and tried it for a couple of months, but stopped later on. Supposedly some people have low magnesium and this can trigger migraines! Since it's pretty simple to try and no prescription is needed, I'd definitely recommend trying it. You might also want to look into feverfew and migralieve. I've heard that these can be helpful supplements too! I also tried taking vitamin B2 but taking the higher dosages seemed to give me side effects with my bladder (which by the way, isn't common according to my doctor). For me though, my remaining migraines are hormone-related or have a specific trigger, so that's probably why they didn't work for me! One other person also recently told me that an ingredient in their allergy pills were triggering migraines, so that's one other thing to watch out for.

Good luck and I hope it helps you! I understand how frustrating it is to deal with headaches and migraines, so I hope you find some relief soon!