View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 09:29 PM   #1
(female)

nola4 HB User
The end is coming closer

Today my mother took a turn and the hospice nurse says she has taken a definite turn . we are looking at a few days to a week or so before she is gone. I do not know how I will handle this as I know I am not ready yet for her to go or maybe I never will be. I know I have no choice but to let go.

I wanted to share what I consider a true sign. I began a couple of weeks ago questioning my faith of life after death. I did not know how I could handle her leaving if there was no life after death. So I began telling my mom to send me a white cat from her. But one night on the way home while crying and feeling distraught I prayed to God. I knew I should not ask for a sign from him to help me let go of my mom but I did. I asked God to send me a sign. I asked him to send me a kitten. I wanted to choose something that was highly unlikely a coincidence. So I actually out loud said God please send me a kitten so I know for sure you are there for my mom. I actually said it cannot be given to me or be from a cat around my house that I knew was pregnant. It had to just SHOW UP at my house.

Last Friday my mom took a turn for the worse. she was put on oxygen. On saturday morning when I woke up my husband came in and said my dog had been barking at something in the garden. when he went to the garden there was this little tiny black kitten. he brought it inside and it was so small and so sick. No one had any idea where it came from . we live on a dead end street with plenty of places for someone to have dropped a kitten off before my house, no cat around us was pregnant yet there in the garden was a little kitten that had JUST SHOWN UP at my house. We took him to the vet becasue he was so sick. he was treated and is doing better now.

I know some may still doubt it as a coincidence but I and everyone else I tell the story too believes it was my sign that I asked for. It has helped me to know that my mother will be alright.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: nola4
aras (11-06-2011), ninamarc (11-05-2011)