View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 09:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

backhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB User
Re: Still needs pain relief from recent surgery

Diana,
If I were you, I would not call the surgeon's office after hours. First, they can not call in a prescription for pain medications, other than prescription strength motrin and the like. Secondly, doing that would set off red flags.
If you really need the pain meds, you are going to have to wait until you see him I think. You don't say how many he gave you on Wednesday, but running out this soon might be a problem. I don't know how he prescribed for you to take them, or how many the maximum daily dose is, but depending on several factors, asking for more before your appointment might set off red flags in his eyes.
As for getting addicted, it is possible, but not probable at this point. The back pain may be coming from your having a bowel movement because it may be harder for you to do so with the vicoden. Constipation is a common side effect of taking pain meds, so having to push isn't the answer. Try using a stool softener instead, and adding vegetables , fruits and salads to your diet. Those will help you pass stool far more effectively with less straining.
Back

The Following User Says Thank You to backhurtz For This Useful Post:
dianajune (11-06-2011)