View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 11:34 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

james079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB User
Re: Struggling with Acute Pain 3 1/2 Monthss After Rotator Cuff Surgery

]

I don't quite understand your reply but let me explain. Folks under 40 years and over 55 and most certainly at 69 don't get a frozen shoulder. There is even much less chance of me than you! A freezing arthritis normally arrives for no apparent reason in middle age. It lasts from about a year, up to two years. So it freezes, stays frozen and then defrosts as they say. The reason I asked about the movement of your shoulder blades was to see if you really had good movement in the ball and socket or were you attaining the apparently full movement from your compensating scapula. If you have full movement in the ball and socket you should not be having multiday residual pain. I suspect that your ball and socket joint has lost its joint play and needs passive movements to restore full range which will then allow you do complete active movements with little or no pain.
James

Last edited by Administrator; 07-25-2012 at 09:17 AM.