View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

painman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB User
Re: Has anyone tried Mirror Therapy for RSD?

hey... I have heard of it and have tried it as well..problem with me is I have it bilateraly . It works like this.. mirrors.. specifically put a mirror in front of your good limb blocking where your infected limb is so when you look it seems as you have both limbs working simultaniously . now the theory is that your brain will use your eyes to transmitt the sensation signals.. interpriting it like your good leg .. ie.. bad lft leg . cover lft leg with mirror facing rght leg . as right leg moves your eyes see both legs move and using the information recieved from the right and apply that to the left.. this was used primarily on phantom leg pain but during certain studies they have seen a connection btwn phantom limb and RSD and saw how this therapy worked on Phantom leg syndrome. there fore understanding that it should work with RSD.. past studies show success. but as kevscar said time is an issue. also so does your own character.. example is more stubborn personalities have less success. good luck I hope this helps you understand it..and can see how you can do this at home ...best wishes