View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 11:12 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: small town living

Hi,
I know the feeling. 53 yrs I lived in a city in another country, bred and born there I knew no other life.
12 yrs ago I moved to the birth country of my husband and a very small town, a total different way of life and culture. I never thought I would survive such a lifestyle.
I knew I had to make the most of it and that's exactly what I did.
WE have no family/relations here, so I decided to join various activities. First I joined a church and various activities in the church.
Then an Art-Class, Active-Retirement Group, Coffee- Morning Group. I took up Photography and have recently been asked to help out in one of our local Charity-Shops.
I have been to Evening-Classes etc and feel I now belong and have made many friends.
Check out your local papers for events and activities. Whatever interests you have or things you like doing, see whats on offer in your new town.
Good Luck and I know you will find something you like. Solofelix.

P.S "I just envy your having Goats, I,m crazy about them, they roam free in the mountains here, (Fascinating Creatures)" You'll have fun keeping up with them.