View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 05:37 PM   #8
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User
Re: Did I get both SSDI and SSI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepmum54 View Post
hello BlueSkies-
I never recieved Medicad for the kids, because there father provided health insurance. So I did not have any insurance for a long time, it was tough, raked up a lot of medical bills. Once I recieved my back pay, I was able to pay all those bills.
I of course revieved medicare right away, and it was retro active back 6 years when I first applied.I was very happy at that point, I still remember the relief, it was difficult being a single mom at the time and disabled, and supporting 3 teenagers
I worked full time as a single parent with a disabled child for many many years, I could always get him health insurance, but never me. Those are very rough times. i am glad you wer eable to pay your bills with your backpay. I am also glad you have Medicare , it is nice to finally get coverage , I understand that. i only had one child , but times were tough , We made it though it though, this was before I became disabled, now both my son and I are recieving benefits.
Did it take you 6 years to get approved?