View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 11:28 PM   #9
(female)

stepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB Userstepmum54 HB User
Re: Did I get both SSDI and SSI?

[QUOTE=mscat40;4877401]I worked full time as a single parent with a disabled child for many many years, I could always get him health insurance, but never me. Those are very rough times. i am glad you wer eable to pay your bills with your backpay. I am also glad you have Medicare , it is nice to finally get coverage , I understand that. i only had one child , but times were tough , We made it though it though, this was before I became disabled, now both my son and I are recieving benefits.
Did it take you 6 years to get approved?[/QUOte

Thanks Mscat, yes it was tough, being a single mom and disabled we both can relate to this.

Yes it took me 6 long years. I had to appeal 2 times at ALJ hearing level. I had the first 2 hearings with a mean SOB judge, he denied most of his cases. So the rule here in Oregon is the 3rd hearing will be with adifferent judge.

I recived a bench ruling with him favorable. Things were so tough I was so relived. I hope they change the rules so people do not have to wait this long.