View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
(female)

ashii HB User
Sharp center/right side pains PC

Hello everyone, and thanks for reading.

I have been having stabbing pains in my lower right side that spread through to my lower back, then to the front center, just below my ribs cage. In February I did have cholecysts which have been taken care of with my gallbladder removed. Without a gallbladder, using Google to find a helpful hint as to what might be going on is close to impossible.

The pain is generally 5-15 minutes after eating. At first, heavy foods and red meats were the culprit. Now the pain has show up after eating cereal (gluten and gluten-free, always with almond milk), any kind of chocolate, and after drinking the smallest amount of soda. Another thing I have noticed that almond milk alone doesn't bother me, but steamed almond milk causes intense stomach pains and a clearing of the bowels within the hour. I'm not sure if this is related to the pain I feel after eating, as I haven't had the urge to have a bowel movement in those cases.

Not sure if it's related, but during the surgery to remove my gall stones (February), my pancreas became irritated and I was hospitalized for pancreatitis. Most recently I have been treated for h-pylori (May) and have had stomach ulcers (June). For the h-pylori I had the antibiotic pack, and the ulcers were treated with Prilosec. I understand Prilosec doesn't treat ulcers, but keeps acid production down which buys time for the ulcer to heal.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Meanwhile I'll start keeping a food journal in order to pin down what's the bother.

Thanks in advance for any/all replies.