View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User
Unhappy Losing my mind!!

My daughter,who is 14, cut her wrist two days ago.They weren't severe cuts,but there was about 5 of them.I was out of the house at the time and when I came home she was hysterical.

All of this because she hates school and doesn't want to go back...I can't blame her,I always hated school too.She says she has no friends and people make fun of her.Even teachers make snide,biting comments to her and embarrass her in front of the class.
My daughter has had abdominal migraines since she was 3,so she has always missed a lot of school.The older she gets the less sympathetic the teachers are and the more other kids call her names like a loser for missing so much school.
She has a VERY low self esteem even though my husband and I are constantly trying to bolster her up.

So now I'm trying desperately to figure out a way to keep her out of school,but my stupid state's laws make it almost impossible.
I don't know what to do.I'm scared if I make her go back to school,
next time she tries something it won't be a "cry for help".

And of course,all of this has to happen while I'm between medications and having serious anxiety myself already.My husband is no help really...
I'm the one who has to talk to all these teachers and doctors.
In reality I don't want to talk to anyone! I just want to go crawl in a hole.

Anyways,I made an appointment with a psychiatrist to evaluate my daughter on Monday.I hope they can tell me what I'm supposed to do.
My daughter is freaking out she doesn't want to go to school,
and the school is pushing me saying I don't have much of a choice.

Hard place + rock=me.

When it rains it really does pour

The following user gives a hug of support to WhenItRains:
Foxxii (11-17-2011)