View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
(female)

Enigma33 HB User
Help with understanding ACTH results, please?

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me understand these results.

I've been on hypothyroid meds since June and my health has to gone to h*ll since starting them. I've lost 15-20 lbs, can't eat much, can't sleep, GI problems, heart problems, and the list goes on.

One endo told me it's all in my head, another endo told me it's all thyroid. The 2nd endo did an ACTH test since someone had "obviously put adrenal issues into my head" (his partner, another endo in the clinic).

They just did the 30 min draw, that's it. After about 10 mins of being injected I was having chest pain, extremely dizzy, and wired jittery feeling.

Anyway, he called the next day and told me my results were fine. In fact, my adrenals work really well, but baseline cortisol was high, but doesn't matter.

These were the results (he refused to give me ranges, needless to say I am not going back to him).

This was done in the afternoon and while I was taking IsoCort. He said IsoCort wouldn't matter since it's not real and just an expensive useless supplement.

Baseline: 40.8
30 min: 43.8

Any input would be much appreciated!! I don't even know where to start on what this could mean??