View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
(female)

greeneyes3 HB User
Unhappy Sjogren's? What do you think?

I've been pretty sick for about a year and a half. I am 25 years old, 125 lbs & 5'4. I generally have a hard time maintaining my weight (hardcore strict diet & exercise to just maintain) but have been losing it without trying lately. I have a larger than normal thyroid and have multiple nodules on it, but none large enough to biopsy. Thyroid levels are normal. I have osteopenia (diagnosed at 19). I believe I have hormone issues, but am not certain yet. Okay.. onto the main stuff. I have several symptoms but the main ones are extreme, extreme fatigue, no energy, muscle pains (whole body), joint pains ( I feel like the tin man), shortness of breath (and I yawn over and over again to try to get a full breath), insomnia (sleep study= woke 122 times in 7 hours), very dry eyes (opthamologist says no tear production, I had plugs put in which helped a little), dry mouth, trouble swallowing (it feels like constant strept, like something stuck in my throat), electric "pulses" in my feet, feet are always cold (even when sweating), feet fall asleep all the time, chronic migraines (but those run in my family), and swollen ankles/feet, and they are red a lot, temperature sensitive (usually run very, very warm).

My opthamologist suspects sjogren's but the rheumo says fibromyalgia. My ESR (the one for inflammation) was "non-reactive." No ANA antibodies. I haven't been tested for specific sjogren's antibodies. What sounds familiar to you guys and what doesn't? Please respond, I am miserable and have little hope left at this point. I need answers.

Last edited by greeneyes3; 11-21-2011 at 07:47 PM. Reason: adding symptoms list