View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
(female)

TeenyXo HB User
Unhappy RLS taking control of my life :'(

I am a twenty year old girl, very healthy (until recently).
A few months ago i was admitted to the hospital for appendicitis. A couple of weeks after removing my appendix, they discovered that i developed an abscess (an infection in my stomach from the surgery) For a few weeks or so i had a drain in my stomach. During all of this time, i was in and out of the hospital for a month. I had to drop out of school and was pretty depressed. During that time i had gone from Morphine & Dilaudid, and when i went home i was on Norcos. I had strong narcotics in my system for over a month. One day i decided to stop the Norco cold turkey. BAD idea. Fever,Chills,Insomnia,Aches, EVERYTHING!!

Shortly after i was prescribed TRAMADOL. I was taking two or three a day for about a month, and then moved to one a day. And then the Dr. recommended i stop. So i did cold turkey (another bad idea). As soon as Norco and/or Tramadol was out of my system i developed this awful crawling, feeling in my legs AND arms. Eventually i was diagnosed with RLS and prescribed 0.125 mg of Mirapax (one in the morning, three at night)
This didnt work so i was prescribed Neurontin 300 mg.
One in the morning one at night.
I have only been on this med for a few days...but i'm not finding any relief...is it to soon to tell?

Things to keep in mind:
I have been taking 1 pill of tramadol every other day for relief. But as soon as i miss a pill my legs go crazy. Could the tramadol have something to do with my RLS? In other words, if cleaned my system of all tramadol and made it through withdrawal, would the RLS meds then work better?

Also, I don't drink caffeine, I do yoga everyday (sometimes several times a day), I take Vitamins and Iron supplements.
I also take hot baths, use a heating pad, ace bandages don't work for me, AND i eat bananas for potassium.

Aside from the tramadol concern, my other question is: How long did it take for you to notice relief from taking Neurontin, and how many (mg and pills) works for you?

To anyone who read this long thread, Thankyou.
You have no idea how much ANY help is appreciated.

Xo