View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 05:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Questions about Adderall

Well, I got training from someone who specifically works as an ADHD coach. Coaching is different from therapy, the intent of coaching is to teach skills more than to address emotional needs.

As far as remembering to do things, your cellphone can almost certainly be programmed to alert you, but of course you have to put the alerts in.

Organizing belongings is probably my weakest area. Honestly, I clean once a month. A couple days after my period starts, I get this weird brain chemistry shift, and the mess is so annoying I just can't live with it, so I clean up.

I have come up with a few. Right next to the front door, I have TWO boxes, one for recyclable junk mail, one for mail which must be shredded (because it has personal info on it.) I have a hook for keys by the door. I have a great many large plastic totes in the basement for storing projects, winter clothes, etc.

Ultimately, I am never going to have a home that would be acceptable to my grandmother if she stopped by unexpectedly. I've set the more modest goal of keeping track of vital belongings such as my keys or work materials, having clean work clothes, and making sure the place is safe and healthy.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
bethie44 (11-24-2011), LessStress38 (11-25-2011), Thunor (11-29-2011)