View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 06:57 PM   #1
(female)

karebear40 HB User
Frustrated....does this happen to anyone?

Hi all,

I suffer from anxiety, but have been pretty good for about a year until I moved to California. I have always worried about being in a car wreck, but these new symptoms as a passenger are very frustrating.

The moment I know that we are going to get in the car....me as a passenger, I get sick to my stomach. We then get in the car and close the doors and I immediately feel like I can't catch my breath and it feels like there is a lump in my throat blocking my breathing. We then take off to our destination with me trying not to think about my symptoms, but they just get worse. My mouth gets numb around it and then my nose area gets numb and it feels like there is pressure in and around my nose like I can't breath correctly. My legs start to feel like wet noodles, my stomach gets bloated, and I just feel sooooo bad. I don't understand how riding in a car can create all these symptoms. It seems like the air pressure in the car is messing with my breathing, or maybe just my mind?

Please...is there anyone out there that feels like this when they ride as a passenge? I can drive just fine without any of this happening.

So scared and frustrated... =(