Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #1
(female)

lahotsauce8404 HB User
New here

Hi everyone. My son is 4 he is diagnosed with ADHD for about a year now. There is a strong family history on his fathers side. I confirmed this diagnosis with three different doctors. For the past year, we used behavior modification, which worked well. My son recently transitioned into a preschool enviroment. The transition was difficult as expected but it didn't level off in the normal adjust period for him. Infact it got worse the final straw was a little boy in his class caught a ball outside and he grabbed the boy by the throat. I had never seen behavior like that from him before so back to the doctors we went again got several opinions all suggested we put him on medication. We are in week 3 of medication it seems to be helping him "turn the volume down" so to speak.

I have seen on here parents talking about older children and lying, my son does the same thing more so than my daughter ever did. I'm just wondering inf this is an ADHD component.

Another struggle I have is having the preschool/daycare keep me informed of his behavior struggles. The keep telling me that they handle it during the day and he shouldnt' be punished for it twice. I know as a parent its my right to know and I'm pushing for my rights its just very frustrating.