View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
(male)

esmith123 HB User
temporary recurrring paralysis unexplained???

Hi guys, i'm new to the site and would like to thank everybody or anybody in advance for taking the time to read and or respond to my message here. I appreciate that there are 10,000 or more members and a lot of activity happens here (posts etc) so once again much appreciated for caring about my plea in particular, i hope i can be of help to others on the site too

I'll try to be as brief as possible with my condition. The most distinctive and recurring symptom that i have experienced is a right sided temporary paralysis that is brought on when i move my right leg. it comes on when:

1. When I stop at traffic lights and wait for the lights to change and then begin walking again (this happen 80% of the time)

2. When i get up after sitting down for a while (50% of the time)

3. when i stretch my right leg whilst sitting down (30%)

I won't bore you by listing every other occasion that triggers my paralysis, but the pattern seems to be whenever i engage my right leg in movement.

The Paralysis Description/frequency

basically imagine someone having a stroke and reduce it by 30 or 40%. my right leg becomes difficult to move as does might right arm and my face/mouth on right side droops slightly. This lasts about 15 seconds and happens about 5 times on average each day. It's gotten more frequent over the last 18 months but i initially experienced it approximately 3 years ago when i was doing leg extensions in the gym (a place i have long since stop going

Other symptoms

possible ibs (stomach pain/discomfort)
Face got unusually bloated about 3 years ago and never decreased no matter how skinny i got or amount of water i drank)
hair loss/thinning (unusal both mum and dads side have hardly any mpb)
Varicose vein in right calf (possible link ?)
mild tinnitus (right ear mainly)
twitches in most parts of my body (comes and goes)
problems with eczema and dry lips that come and go
fatigue

There are probably more i could mention, but i'd love to hear any responses or opinions especially on paralysis symptom. Thanks again for reading and btw i've had an mri scan and seen two neurologists who've found nothing wrong but i do have a positive ana level.