View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: Confused over it

I see I told you had to find your thread...but never looked to see if anyone had responded to your questions. Sorry for the delay.

What has transpired since you made this post? Have you had another epidural steroid injection? Any change in your pain?

Are you seeing a fellowship-trained spine surgeon? If not, I would suggest you make an appointment for a consultation, and to see what is going on now.

I would assume your crash has something to do with your current pain and the disc issue at L5-S1. I'm not sure why the doctor thinks there is no correlation or that an annular tear cannot cause a lot of pain. Many patients would disagree on that one!

You could also have pain coming from the face joint at this level. Something is compressing one of the nerves coming out of that spinal segment. Look at a dermatome map and you will see how the L5 and S1 spinal nerves innervate the leg and foot.

Please update your post and we'll try to give you some constructive suggestions.

The Following User Says Thank You to teteri66 For This Useful Post:
Susieq1234 (12-17-2011)