View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB User
Re: 4 months really???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter1984 View Post
I was just told by my lawyers office it will take 4 months to get back pay. Is this true? That is ridiculous I need this money now...... Does anyone know the average time it takes to get nack pay?
Hi Slaughter

When did you get approved and have you received anything via mail yet(approval letter,award letter ,Medicare info/card (if applicable)etc?

You have to realize that WE ALL want things now,and getting yourself totally stressed out in a situation that neither you nor your lawyer can control does either any good.

Too many folks showing the side of "I need that money now".........always seem to have to wait longer.Whether expressing that to the ALJ,your lawyer,or you speaking on the phone to SSA,........it will only make matters worse

PLEASE be patient,as there are a zillion other deserving folks that would love to be in your shoes.Unfortunately the wheels of the government are extremely slow,and patience is a virtue

Have a Happy and Healthy holiday season

Ferd

Last edited by ferd144; 12-20-2011 at 05:21 PM.