View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 06:28 PM   #5
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User
Re: 4 months really???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter1984 View Post
I was just told by my lawyers office it will take 4 months to get back pay. Is this true? That is ridiculous I need this money now...... Does anyone know the average time it takes to get nack pay?
Hi Slaughter,
I have known some people get their backpay pretty quick, sometimes social security deposits the money in the bank without notice, so keep checking your bank account. I have heard once their is a approval the Lawyer will be paid first. This might delay any back pay , and that is why your lawyer told you it could take this long for you to get your money. This time of year is very busy for Social Security , their is a tremendous backlog right now. You have gone through the really hard part already and have been approved, which is great. It might not take 4months , your lawyer just wanted to prepare you for this in case you were expecting it quickly. This does not mean it will take that long, but to be aware of the possibility. I got my backpay before I even knew I was approved , but did not have a Lawyer to pay first. Be sure social security has your bank information , and update anything that is necessary.