View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 09:08 AM   #1
(female)

denise7172 HB User
CT scan shows spots on liver... worried and scared!

Hello everyone. Not sure what is going on with me? I have been having upper right quadrant pain on my right side under rib cage. I had my gallbladder removed in 2008. My Dr sent me for a CT scan and the results came back that I have several small spots on my liver, they are very small. All bloodwork and liver functions are normal. My Dr wants to do another scan in 3 months, I guess to see if they have gotten bigger. Well, that just isnt going to work for me! I am a very well known worry wart! I am already making myself sick with worry. My father died of bladder cancer six years ago and I have countless other family members that have died or are fighting cancer. I also had melanoma on my arm a year ago and just had a melanoma removed from my wrist recently, both pathology reports came back clear, the Dr removed it all, thank God!
I guess what my question about this is, has anyone else had a result of spots on liver and what was the outcome? What could be the cause of spots on the liver? If my bloodwork is good, should that be a good sign that my liver is ok? I just worry with the family history of cancer and my history of melanoma...any advice would be greatly appreciated!