View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 08:34 AM   #1
(female)

5xmommy HB User
Positive ANA and SSA

Last week I woke up to extreme swelling and joint pain. The bottoms of my feet hurt, my ankles, knees, elbows, and fingers all hurt when used. The pain in my feet would subside after walking around for awhile but everything else hurt when used. The day before my knees hurt but not much more than when they always have when rain is in the forecast. I went to the dr and he ran several tests for RA, lupus, gout..... I don't have the names of them all but out of 10, 2 came back positive, the other 8 were negative. The 2 that were positive were ANA and SSA both with a 143 reading. I was told that 101-119 is normal. I have been referred to a rheumatologist but will have to wait 2 months. I'm an extreme worrywart and waiting 2 months will drive me insane.

I've been looking up ssa and read that symptoms are dry eyes and mouth. Have not experienced dry eyes but dry mouth occasionally when I'm sick but thought it was from having a cold or being dehydrated (I hate drinking water, always drink soda). I do have acid reflux and possibly a hiatal hernia that causes chest pain occasionally without rhyme or reason. I was checked for ulcers years and years ago and was found to have a small tear at the base of my esophagus but it hasn't bothered me since then.....until lately.....

My kids possibly have had fifth's disease, can't get anyone to test for antibodies.....and we have been exposed to mono. I get strep nearly every time it comes around now when I only had it once as a child. I am overweight and exercise none.

I'm telling you all this so that hopefully someone can shed some light on what I might have or not have or what on earth is going on? No one seems to know and no one will tell me anything until I see the rheumatologist. I need to know if I'm looking at something minimal or something serious that's going to impact my life and the lives of my children.