View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
(female)

Sinnc HB User
Sudde death w/ no symptoms or warning, really heart attack?

Hello. My father passed on thanksgiving evening. He was 69 and had no symptoms/ was on no meds. He had early prostate cancer 3 years ago and underwent radiation and hormone injections. During all those tests docs said he had the heart of a lion! However on Tgiving evening we were watching tv and chatting. My mom asked him to pass the remote and we all heard a tiny gurgling noise and looked to see his head back mouth open - almost grotesque looking. We did CPR and the ambulance came with defibs within 10 mins but we couldn't get him back. The doc said a massive heart attack and at the time we were in such shock we accepted it. I never thought I would have to carry my poor fathers body out of his house after Tgiving lunch. Now I am researching more and it seems that it's very rare to have a heart attack with no chest pain or symptoms and that massive heartattack is not even a medical term. What makes me even more suspicious is that my father had a skin cancer removed from side of his head 15 years ago and at the point where they 'fused' the new skin from the leg with his scalp there was a trickle of blood after he died? Can a heart attack cause bleeding in the head? I would love to find the real cause of his sudden passing. I am not happy with massive heartattack at all, especially on account of the blood from the head. Would anyone confirm or discount my suspicions? Thank you all for reading.

Last edited by Sinnc; 01-05-2012 at 05:18 PM.