View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
(male)

Sparty22 HB User
Gum sore w/ Picture

Hello- I would just like somebody to take a look at the sore which is right on my gum line. FYI- I am unable to get into my regular dentist until he returns to vacation and I will see him in 2 weeks. However, I would like some peace of mind or at least a genuine assessment until that time.

I've had this sore which is right on the gumline of the 2nd molar. I noticed it 5 days ago after I noticed it bleeding when I brushed. I had thought that maybe it was just a temporary irritation. My toothbrush had very hard bristles and I had eaten an entire bag of chips that night. I had assumed I stabbed it. Anyhow, it hasn't gotten any better regardless of any oraljel products that I've used on it. I have to assume that it can't be a canker sore because of it's shape and location on the gum line but it doesn't really look like the abscesses that I see online either. Likewise, I don't see any direct correlation with any precancerous lesions, but again, I really don't know if online pictures are an accurate depiction. I am not sure whether this could be a gum infection and would like to know how abnormal it looks in comparison to a standard gum irritation

Anyhow, if someone could just take a look and let me know there assessment, I would truly appreciate it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg downsize(1).jpg (63.3 KB, 13 views)