View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 12:08 AM   #1
(female)

shannc HB User
Heart issues/sinus tachy

Hey guys,
Recently I've been having heart related health issues. I'll try and keep this as short as possible. I am a 21 year old female who is generally healthy. I was diagnosed with hashimotos thyroiditis at the age of 9 and had radiation at the age of 16. I've been on synthroid and my levels have been normal for years. Around thanksgiving of 2011, I ended up in the hospital with a heart rate of 155, at that time I was mildly dehydrated. I was given fluids and some potassium and sent on my way. The next few days after my hospital visit I noticed my heart rate was very high. I have been in the hospital since then 3 more times. I've seen a cardiologist and my family doctor, they checked my thyroid levels, did ekg's, had an echo cardiogram, and basic blood work including, complete metabolic panel, cbc, and some other basic tests about 5 times. My resting heart rate is anywhere from 110-135 and with minimal physical exertion it increases significantly. I am very fatigued, often get light headed, frequent head aches, and back pain as well as chest pain. My cardiologist seems to think there is nothing wrong even though every time I get an ekg it reads sinus tachycardia and Ive had over 10 of them. I am not an anxious person, it is not anxiety or depression or for that matter anything psychological that would cause these symptoms. My mother is a physicians assistant and is pushing to get me into see other doctors. She seems to think I may have Inappropriate sinus tachycardia or an adrenal tumor (Pheochromocytoma). I have exhausted almost all of my resources and have become very fed up and exhausted. I used to be in the gym 4-5 days a week and very active, and now I can barely walk up the stairs without getting short of breath, chest pain, and a very rapid pulse. I was wondering if anyone has had anything similar to this or ever experienced anything like this and has been diagnosed with anything in particular. Any responses would be helpful, thanks.