View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #1
(female)

Cerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB UserCerene HB User
'Shifting' teeth?

First off, I just want to say that I try and take pretty good care of my teeth. I brush twice a day, and I floss when I remember (which I am trying to a make a more regular thing). I've not had a cavity since I had my baby teeth (got one filling in a baby tooth which fell out a month later). My only problems are sensitivity and grinding/clenching. For the past week or so though, I've noticed that some of my teeth (first 2 molars on the bottom left of my jaw) feel like they shift a little when I press on them. They don't actually seem to move, but it feels like they do. I have been grinding/clenching a lot for the past few weeks with all of the holiday stress (I also have a chronic illness, so that makes it harder on me) so I am just wondering if my grinding could be causing that? The gums look great, they are a normal color, they don't hurt and they don't bleed at all when I brush or eat. I just moved to a new city so I don't have a dentist yet, but any advice is very welcome! I bought a mouth guard from the store tonight that I will be using to try and see if that will help. Thanks guys!