Thread: Time line
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 05:07 PM   #18
Veteran
(female)

ferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB User
Re: Time line

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepmum54 View Post
Hi BlueSkies, thanks, I hope this does help others face the realizm of the Social security system. It was a tough battle, 6 long years, that caused the end of my marriage, with all the stress. I ate through my retirement, lost my house, couch surfed, with 2 kids in tow.
there was no way I could work, i did try a couple times, but fell ill and lost my jobs. I really hurt for those folks that are disabled, with no family or savings, that is even harder.

We are great now, i got Backpay SSD for the whole 6 years.I was lucky I made 50,000 a year in the printing business for 25 years, so i paid into a lot of SSD.
I woke up one morning, checked my bank account, and 121,000 was in my account, YEPEE, still makes me happy. I bought a new SUV, got a condo, paid all past due bills, and put a little aside for kids college fund. I really think thats why SS fought me so long, did not want to pay me a monthly benefit of this amount.

So folks there is a light at the end of the tunnel, do not give up, you can't afford it.
Wow..........