View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Barbara_Ann HB UserBarbara_Ann HB User
Re: Suspected Celiac Condition

I have not been tested but my symptoms are just exactly like yours. I've been g-free for about 3 weeks and can tell a big improvement. However, I have noticed if I do not drink plenty of water and if I slouch when sitting on the sofa or in a chair it causes me to experience very uncomfortable bloating and slight indigestion. If I stand it goes away and drinking water really helps. I do know that if you are intolerant to gluten you will have to go completely gluten free as I have for the rest of your life. Additionally, the particular symptoms you've mention which are like mine are a very good indication that you have damaged villi in your intestinal tract. They are probably also inflamed. This takes quiet awhile to restore it's self when you go g-free and varies from person to person depending on their body, age, and extent of the damage to the villi how long it will take. I'd advise you read up on villi in the intestinal tract if you are not knowledgeable about it to help you understand exactly what is causing your discomfort in that area and the importance of it healing. Damaged villi prevent you from absorbing the nutrients from food properly and can cause you to become malnourished even when you are eating what seemingly is a good diet. I'd stay away from the wheat, rye, barley & oats which all contain gluten. I also stay away from soy. Good luck.