View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Ulnar shortening

Hi booboo,

I had my follow-up with my Orthopedic doctor today. He wants to do the ulnar shortening and see how my wrist pain does after that. He seems to think if I take care of the Ulnar Impaction Symdrome that some of my other problems will heal up. Thankfully, I don't have any tears that showed up on the MRI. There is still a possibility I'll need to have the arthroscopic surgery down the line.

I filled out my paperwork for the surgery. I just need to call and confirm a date for surgery. I have to figure a time where I'll have a least impact for work. My doctor told me pretty much the same. I'll have a splint/cast on for 2 weeks until my follow-up appointment when I'll receive a cast. Then I'll begin wearing a removable splint about 4 weeks after that if all goes well and begin PT with a hand therapist at that time. I agree with you. I want to be asleep when they saw through the bone.

The following user gives a hug of support to MountainReader:
booboo31 (01-10-2012)