View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
efang HB Userefang HB User
Do I need to take medicine if my pain is moderate?

I will see a new Neurology tomorrow for my persistent right leg pain. I had low back and right leg pain since May 2008 because I had a big herniated disc at that time. The low back pain almost gone after doing some treatments but the right leg pain became persistent .Recently my pain management doctor did a discogram to me but didnít find any positive disc which is causing my leg pain. So he sent me to this Neurology and hoped the Neurology can explain this pain. I think the Neurology may let me to do some tests such EMG again which I already had done two times. If he let me to try medication, I think I need to ask question,
My Pain only is getting worse when I walked or stood too long time. The pain scale is about 4-5 If I take rest , it will calm down to 2-3. It starts to ďdistracting ď me but I still can live with it. I donít know if I need to take the medication and also take the medicationís side effect or just live with this pain since it is not unbearable? But if I refuse the medications, I
donít know what else method he still have and can be used to me?

had herniated disc in L5 s1 five years ago, have
had persistent right leg until now.
have Osteoporosis, subacute thyroidits.

Last edited by efang; 01-10-2012 at 11:10 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb