View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

efang HB Userefang HB User
Do I need to take medicine if my pain is moderate?

I will see a new Neurology tomorrow for my persistent right leg pain. I had low back and right leg pain since May 2008 because I had a big herniated disc at that time. The low back pain almost gone after doing some treatments but the right leg pain became persistent .Recently my pain management doctor did a discogram to me but didnít find any positive disc which is causing my leg pain. So he sent me to this Neurology and hoped the Neurology can explain this pain. I think the Neurology may let me to do some tests such EMG again which I already had done two times. If he let me to try medication, I think I need to ask question,
My Pain only is getting worse when I walked or stood too long time. The pain scale is about 4-5 If I take rest , it will calm down to 2-3. It starts to ďdistracting ď me but I still can live with it. I donít know if I need to take the medication and also take the medicationís side effect or just live with this pain since it is not unbearable? But if I refuse the medications, I
donít know what else method he still have and can be used to me?

Thanks!

Last edited by efang; 01-10-2012 at 12:10 PM.