View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
(female)

leogurrrl HB User
Re: How can I tell if stomach symptoms are pointing to GI problems or possibly OC?

Sounds like you could use a hug, girl! Thank you so much for responding to my post despite your own situation. I am amazed at the kindness of some of those on the boards ))

Anyways - thank you for that insight, twixt.......so even if the symptoms are persistent, they do not go away and come back.......that is one thing in my favor. My whole GI issue started when my entire household got sick with a bug in 2010. Everybody else recovered, and I did after about 2 months, but then it all came back months later evidently from whatever happened with the first bug (I think my stomach was damaged in some way). I'm hoping beyond hope that's all it is, I am just freaked out about the CA125 (though I understand about the premenopausal women not being accurate) and the periodic pelvic pain. Why can't they just come up with a good screening test for OC!? For so many reasons women need a good test that can detect this awful disease (( Anyways - thanks for your insight. I had not seen that tidbit of information, so I do appreciate it very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twixt View Post
Hi Leogurrrl,

I'm not an expert (but have done TONS of reading on the topic ever since my issues started - first with an ovarian cyst which has since resolved, and now with a persistent ovarian mass that they can't identify and for which I'll now be getting an MRI).

So anyway, from what I've read about ovarian cancer symptoms is that they tend to be persistent (ie: once the symptoms appear, they don't just go away), and they tend to get worse over time.

So if you've had issues that have flared up but then gone away for long periods of time, and then come back again, I'm guessing it's more likely something GI-related.

Regardless of the cause of the symptoms, it sucks to be having pain in the first place.

I hope you're able to figure out the cause of your symptoms soon!

*hugs*

Twixt

The following user gives a hug of support to leogurrrl:
Twixt (01-12-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to leogurrrl For This Useful Post:
Twixt (01-12-2012)