View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 09:46 PM   #4
(female)

Twixt HB UserTwixt HB User
Re: How can I tell if stomach symptoms are pointing to GI problems or possibly OC?

Thanks Leogurrrl!

Yeah, I'm trying not to get too worried while I wait for my MRI appointment. I still don't know when it'll be, but apparently it'll be a while (likely around 3 months or so).

I'm guessing (and/or hoping) that if the radiologist strongly suspected cancer, that I would have gotten my MRI appointment much sooner than that. I'd still like to see what my latest ultrasound report said (I'm the kind of person who likes to have as much information as possible - I get more anxious when I don't have all the details, since that makes it too easy to start imagining the worst case scenario).

Btw, have you looked into seeing a gastroenterologist for your symptoms?

Also, when it comes to the digestive tract and any GI issues, it might be worth it to find a good naturopathic doctor in your area. NDs are experts when it comes to GI issues.

I always used to be skeptical about naturopathic medicine, but then last year I saw a naturopathic doctor for some GI issues I was having (low energy, bloating, poor absorption of various nutrients, etc), and she was a huge help.

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon!

Twixt