View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 04:16 AM   #5
(female)

leogurrrl HB User
Re: How can I tell if stomach symptoms are pointing to GI problems or possibly OC?

Hang in there with the waiting game. That has always been THE hardest part for me. I get so anxious, to the point of not functioning, really. I'm sure it goes beyond what the 'normal' person would do. I hope and pray you aren't a fraction as bad as I am )) Why are they doing an MRI vs. a CT? I thought for that sort of thing the CT was really the more telling test?? I wish they had done an MRI on me just because I don't like the radiation with the CTs. I wish you peace of mind while you are waiting. ANd you are right, if they thought it was something that warranted it, you would have gotten a speedy recovery.

Yes, I see a GI and started in January 2011 at the height of all of my problems. He did a colonoscopy (nothing causing these problems) as well as and endoscopy. The endoscopy showed esophagitis and inflamed stomach, so we know the pain is real. I just worried WHY the esophoghatis and if it was happening because of a possible OC-related issue. Can that even happen, or the fact it has been diagnosed as esophaghitis mean it is totally separate? That might be the key to this whole situation. THat darn CA125 is what is throwing me for a loop (46 isn't that high, but still.....it's high and I have symptoms!).

Let me know what you think based on what I told you about the GI testing. I have NOT tried a naturopath, though right now I am exploring other options including seeing a second GI since the meds they tried aren't working this second go around. Six months of relief and then BOOM.

It has been so nice talking with you, twixt..........just having someone else who can relate and having responses to my posts. Some boards and questions seem to go slower, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twixt View Post
Thanks Leogurrrl!

Yeah, I'm trying not to get too worried while I wait for my MRI appointment. I still don't know when it'll be, but apparently it'll be a while (likely around 3 months or so).

I'm guessing (and/or hoping) that if the radiologist strongly suspected cancer, that I would have gotten my MRI appointment much sooner than that. I'd still like to see what my latest ultrasound report said (I'm the kind of person who likes to have as much information as possible - I get more anxious when I don't have all the details, since that makes it too easy to start imagining the worst case scenario).

Btw, have you looked into seeing a gastroenterologist for your symptoms?

Also, when it comes to the digestive tract and any GI issues, it might be worth it to find a good naturopathic doctor in your area. NDs are experts when it comes to GI issues.

I always used to be skeptical about naturopathic medicine, but then last year I saw a naturopathic doctor for some GI issues I was having (low energy, bloating, poor absorption of various nutrients, etc), and she was a huge help.

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon!

Twixt